Leaving Cert French Higher Level
Each student will receive four hours of expert classroom tuition from 2pm-6pm on Thursday, 3rd January 2019. Students will also receive our exclusive Ashfield College Study Notes. As well as revising key course topics, participants will receive valuable exam strategy tips, which can enable a student to increase by a full-grade on exam day.
• Exam Guide: A comprehensive study of mark allocations and exam technique on each area of the exam paper – reading, writing and aural.
Students will learn how to maximise marks in these areas in the exam.
• Grammar Review: Students will review some key tenses in French such as Le Présent, Le Passé Composé, L’imparfait, Le Futur, Le Conditionnel
and Le Plus-que-parfait. Students will also look at grammar terminology in French.
• Written Production:
1. Students will study essential phrases to prepare for the Journal Intime question in the exam. We will look at ways to
maximise marks and also review some sample answers from previous years.
2. In order to prepare effectively for the opinion piece question, students will learn essential vocabulary on the following:
* Les Expressions Générales (general phrases, including idiomatic expressions, for written pieces. Students will also learn expressions of opinion and phrases to help them structure a solid written piece in French).
La Femme Moderne et L’inégalité au Travail
La Pollution & Le Changement Climatique
La Nouvelle Technologie
La Violence et Le Contrôle des Armes à Feu
L’éducation Physique Niveau Bac
Nicky Dowling BA (Hons) French & German UCD, PGCE
Subjects: French & German
Nicky is a dynamic and inspirational teacher of modern languages, who graduated with the highest grade ever achieved for the PGCE from the University of Manchester. Nicky has more than 20 years’ experience teaching both French & German to Leaving Cert level, and has worked at Ashfield College since 1997. During her time at Ashfield College she was Director of TEFL, where she was in charge of curriculum and teaching. Nicky is an extremely exam-focused, practical and enthusiastic teacher who inspires her students to achieve their maximum potential in the State Exams.